Blood Orange Margaritas
Whenever I visit home, I absolutely have to go to Bartaco for a margarita and some guac. Their seasonal blood orange flavor is the best I’ve ever had. This recipe satisfies the craving when I’m in D.C. If you see blood oranges at the store be sure to pick up a few and make this citrusy delight.
· 4 ounces fresh blood orange juice
· 4 ounces silver tequila
· 2 ounces fresh lime juice
· 1 ounce triple sec
· Blood orange slices
· 2 tablespoons sugar
1. If desired, garnish two glasses with a sugar rim. Fill glasses ¾ full with ice.
2. Combine blood orange juice, tequila, lime juice, and triple sec in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well.
3. Pour margarita over ice and serve with a slice of blood orange.