Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Undoubtedly the best thing P.F. Chang's has ever done for the American public is introduce them to lettuce wraps. These are better than Chang’s, IMHO. Turkey makes a leaner alternative to chicken and the sauce is so simple and addictive.
· 1 lb ground turkey
· ½ lb white mushrooms-cleaned and finely chopped
· ½ lb scallions-thinly sliced, green and white parts separated
· ½ cup water chestnuts- finely chopped
· 1 large piece of fresh ginger-peeled and minced
· 4 cloves of garlic-minced
· 3 tablespoons sriracha
· 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
· 2 tablespoons soy sauce
· 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
· 2 tablespoons honey
· 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
· 2 tablespoons sesame oil
· 1 head butter lettuce-leaves separated
· freshly ground peanuts
1. In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons ginger, 2 tablespoons garlic, sriracha, hoisin, soy, rice wine vinegar, honey and vegetable oil. Stir to create a sauce.
2. Add sesame oil to a pan and bring to medium high heat.
3. To the pan, add ground turkey, mushrooms and two tablespoons of the sauce. Cook 2 minutes.
4. Add scallion whites and remaining ginger and garlic to the pan. Cook until aromatic, about 1 minute.
5. Once the turkey has browned, add water chestnuts and remaining sauce. Stir to combine and cook until sauce has reduced, about 4 minutes.
6. Stir in the scallion greens.
7. Serve warm with lettuce leaves and garnish with cilantro, peanuts and sriracha.