Emily's Easy Avo Chicken Salad
I looooooove chicken salad,but loathe mayo. It is the definition of a dilemma. I can sometimes get past my mayo phobia if someone else makes the chicken salad, but if I am in anyway alerted to it’s presence in my food it’s game over. Cue my delight when a friend suggested I use some ripe avocados and left-over chicken to make this creative dish. It is deliciously savory and guilt free. Dijon, lemon juice and a pinch of garlic powder give this chicken salad a fresh yet deep flavor palate. It is amazing over greens or in a sandwich.
· 1 pound cooked chicken-pulled
· 1 ripe avocado
· 1 tablespoon greek yogurt
· 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/2 lemon
· 6 scallions chopped- green parts
1. In a mixing bowl or food processer combine avocado, greek yogurt, mustard and the juice of half a lemon. Mix until smooth and creamy. Add garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Fold in chicken and scallions. Mix until thoroughly combined.
3. Serve chilled or at room temperature.