Heaven is a warm blueberry muffin, and these are the best I’ve ever had. They are super decadent, while somehow managing to feel light and fluffy. I’m only a little ashamed to say I had three. A bit of brown sugar gives these muffins a rich flavor, while the lemon zest and Greek yogurt make them perfectly tangy. Serves 12.
· 6 tablespoons butter-softened
· 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
· 3 eggs
· ½ cup brown sugar
· ½ cup sugar
· 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
· 2 tablespoons lemon zest
· 1/3 cup heavy cream
· 2 cups all-purpose flour
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· ½ teaspoon baking soda
· ½ teaspoon salt
· 1 pint blueberries-washed and stems removed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until creamy and smooth.
3. With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs one at a time. Once the eggs have been incorporated and the sugar mixture is smooth into the sugar mixture add the Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and heavy cream.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the mixer and stir until just combined. Fold the blueberries into the batter.
5. Using an ice cream scoop, fill a lined muffin tin with batter. Bake for 30 minutes until the tops are lightly browned and a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature.