Crispy Hot Honey Chicken
Have you ever wished that all chicken tasted like buffalo wings? Well, dreams come true. These super crispy, oven baked chicken legs are like giant chicken wings, without the guilt of fried food. They also take under 10 minutes to prep, which make them awesome for entertaining. Hot Honey seems to be the food trend of the moment and I’m totally on board. I love hot honey in cocktails, with salads and on pizza, but drenching crispy chicken in it has to be my favorite.
· 2 pounds bone-in skin-on chicken legs
· ½ cup flour
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
· 1 tablespoon garlic powder
· 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· ½ cup Franks Red Hot
· ½ cup butter
· 1/3 cup honey
1. Wash and pat dry the chicken legs.
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a large Ziploc bag. Add the chicken legs to the bag (you might have to do this in two batches) and shake until the chicken is coated.
3. Lay a wire baking rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Spray the rack with cooking spray and lay the chicken on the rack, skin side up. Let the chicken air dry in your refrigerator for 4-24 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cook chicken for 1 hour, until crispy and lightly browned.
5. While the chicken cooks combine butter, hot sauce and honey in a sauce pan and cook over medium-low heat until just combined.
6. When the chicken is cooked, place it in a large mixing bowl and toss with hot honey sauce. Serve warm.