Watermelon Basil Margarita
I was recently having friends over for drinks and decided to put out some cut freshly cut watermelon. To make it a little more special, I tossed it with fresh basil, flaky sea salt, and a splash of triple sec. It was delicious, but we all agreed; it would be better as a drink. I ended up blending the bowl of watermelon with some tequila and this wonderful margarita was created. The combination of watermelon and basil make this drink perfectly light and sweet. It is my new summer cocktail of choice.
· 3 cups fresh watermelon- cubed, plus wedges for garnish
· 2 tablespoons fresh basil
· 1 cup silver tequila
· ½ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
· ½ cup triple sec
· ½ teaspoon sea salt
1. In a high-powered blender combine the watermelon, basil, tequila, lime juice and triple sec. Blend until liquid.
2. Pour the blended mixture through a sieve or fine mesh strainer into a pitcher. Add salt and stir.
3. Pour over ice and serve with a wedge of watermelon and sprig of basil.