5 Minute Salsa
Is there anything better than a warm basket of tortilla chips and bowl of fresh salsa from your favorite Mexican restaurant? It’s simply the best free appetizer around (sorry breadsticks).
The exciting news is you can make your favorite, restaurant-style salsa at home in under 5 minutes. This salsa makes for the most fresh, light, flavorful appetizer or snack with tortilla chips. This recipe is so simple and easy to customize to your personal tastes. Like your salsa super spicy? Add some extra jalapeño. Think cilantro tastes like dish soap? Leave it out.
· ½ sweet onion-peeled and cut into eighths
· 1 jalapeño pepper-seeds removed
· 2 tablespoons cilantro-washed
· 3 cloves garlic-peeled
· 12 oz can whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes
· Juice of 1 lime
· 1 teaspoon cumin
· 1 teaspoon ground chipotle
· 1 teaspoon kosher salt
· Freshly cracked black pepper.
· Tortilla chips
1. Place the onion, jalapeño, cilantro, garlic, and the whole can of tomatoes in a blender or food processor. Top with lime juice, cumin, chipotle, and salt.
2. Pulse the blender a few times until the onion and jalapeño are diced. Continue to pulse until the mixture is just combined.
3. Season to taste with salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Serve cold or at room temperature with tortilla chips.