Grilled Chicken Sliders
A few years ago, I fell in love with the Chicken Shack sandwich at Shake Shack. The combination of juicy chicken, tangy pickles, and rich buttermilk ranch created the ideal sandwich. However, frying chicken is neither easy nor healthy, so I started recreating the sandwich with grilled chicken thighs. When I wanted to turn my favorite chicken sandwich into sliders for a party, cheddar Parker House rolls from Hartford Baking Company were the perfect option. They’re light, fluffy, just the right size, and the cheddar adds an awesome savory dimension to the sandwich. Whether you’re making a few for yourself or serving these sliders to friends, they’re sure to be a hit.
· 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
· 1 cup Italian dressing—such as Wishbone
· ½ cup soy sauce
· 12 cheddar Parker House rolls—such as Hartford Baking Company
· 1 tablespoon butter
· 1 cup dill pickle chips
· ½ cup buttermilk ranch dressing—such as Brianna’s
· 1 head butter lettuce—cleaned
1. Combine the Italian dressing and soy sauce in a large container. Add the chicken thighs, cover, and refrigerate. Marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
2. Grill chicken thighs on medium high heat for 5 minutes on each side, flipping once. Halve or quarter the cooked chicken thighs to create 1.5-inch pieces.
3. Separate and slice the Parker House rolls to create buns for the sliders. Lightly butter and toast the buns for 4 minutes, or until lightly brown.
4. Assemble the sliders by placing a spoonful of ranch dressing and two pickle chips on the bottom bun. Layer with a piece of grilled chicken and leaf of butter lettuce. Top with additional ranch dressing and the remaining bun. Serve warm.