Everything Lox Pizza with Caper Whipped Cream Cheese
This is a combination of two of New York’ City’s best dishes; pizza and everything bagels with lox. This recipe draws inspiration from the amazing caper cream cheese at my favorite place on earth; The Surfcomber in Miami. This is a fun and easy way to enjoy the best of both worlds.
· 1 package store bought pizza dough
· 6 ounces smoked salmon
· 4 ounces cream cheese
· 2 tablespoons capers-minced
· 1 tablespoons heavy cream
· 3 tablespoons Trader Joe’s Everything Bagel seasoning
· ½ small red onion-thinly sliced
· ½ cup cherry tomatoes-halved
· 2 scallions- chopped
· 2 tablespoons parsley
· 2 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 lemon- quartered
1. Preheat oven 425°F.
2. Remove pizza dough from bag and let soften at room temperature.
3. Place cream cheese in a bowl and let soften.
4. Sprinkle flour onto a clean, dry work surface. Using your hands or a rolling pin, shape the dough into a rectangle, about ¼ of an inch thick. Place dough on a parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Brush dough with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle Everything Bagel Seasoning around the edge, to create a one-inch border.
6. Scatter tomatoes and thinly sliced onions. Transfer to oven and bake until crust is crisp and slightly browned, 15-18 minutes.
7. Add heavy cream and minced capers to bowl of with cream cheese. Whip until evenly combined.
8. Remove pizza from oven and layer with smoked salmon, herbs and dollops of cream cheese mixture. Serve warm with lemon wedges.