Easiest Pickled Onions
One thing I always have in my fridge is a jar of these beautiful, magenta pickled onions. They are delish on just about everything; fish tacos, salads, avocado toast, sandwiches, and more. They pack so much flavor and couldn’t be easier to make.
· 1 large red onion-thinly sliced
· ½ cup apple cider vinegar
· 2 tablespoons sugar
· 1 teaspoon salt
· ½ cup hot water
1. Place the sliced onions in a glass container, such as a mason jar, and add the sugar and salt.
2. Add the apple cider vinegar and warm water to the jar. Cover the jar and shake until the sugar and salt have dissolved.
3. Pickle for 2 hours at room temperature. Keep refrigerated for up to 3 months.