Rosé Roasted Strawberry Rhubarb
I love this simplified, elevated version of strawberry-rhubarb pie. I hate the hassle of a pie crust but love the combination of seasonal fruit and vanilla ice cream. Adding a splash of rosé amplifies the natural sweet and sour of strawberries and rhubarb and makes it so summery and fun. This dish takes less than 10 minutes of prep work, which makes it perfect for summer entertaining.
· 3 cups fresh rhubarb-cleaned and ¼ inch diced
· 3 cups strawberries- quartered
· ½ cup granulated sugar
· ¼ cup all-purpose flour
· ¼ cup rosé
· 1-pint good vanilla ice cream-such as Häagen-Dazs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a glass casserole dish combine the strawberries, rhubarb and rosé. Add flour and sugar then toss to combine.
3. Roast the strawberry rhubarb mixture for 25 minutes. Remove the casserole dish from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
4. While the strawberry rhubarb mixture cools, divide the ice cream between 4 glasses. Top each scoop with ½ a cup of the strawberry rhubarb compote. Serve immediately.