Ricotta Peanut Butter Toast
#ThingsOnToast has been a culinary trend for a while now, but I was skeptical at first. “Why would I spend $15 on a piece of bread with X on it when I could so easily make that at home?” I’d think. It wasn’t until I actually started experimenting with the format at home that I realized how fun and accessible “fancy toast” could be. I’ve always been a fan of peanut butter and banana but hated having big globs of it stuck to the roof of my mouth. I like to think of this as a grown-up nutter-butter: perfectly creamy and lightly sweet. Be sure to use good fresh bread!
· 4 slices thick brown bread
· ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
· 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
· 2 tablespoons honey
· 1 banana- ¼ inch sliced
· ¼ cup honey roasted peanuts- roughly chopped
1. Toast the bread until lightly brown. If you don’t have a toaster use the broiler setting oven, 2 minutes each side – be sure to keep the oven door open while broiling.
2. In a small bowl, warm the peanut butter for 15-30 seconds in the microwave, until slightly melted. Add the ricotta to the peanut butter and stir until smooth.
3. Spread equal amounts of the ricotta mixture onto each toast. Layer the banana slices over the ricotta spread, then drizzle with honey.
4. Top with chopped peanuts and serve at room temperature.