Whenever I entertain, assembled dishes are my best friend. They’re even better if I can make them in advance. This recipe takes 10 minutes to prep and is best made in advance, which means more time to socialize with guests and less time in the kitchen. I also love that these are served individually, which is a real crowd pleaser. These trifles are as beautiful as they are delicious.
· 3 cups strawberries- hulled and thinly sliced
· ¼ cup triple sec
· 1 loaf pound cake- cubed
· 2 cups heavy whipping cream
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/3 cup granulated sugar
1. Add the strawberries, 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and triple sec to a large bowl and toss to combine.
2. Add the cream to the bowl of a stand mixer and whip using the whisk attachment on high until soft peaks form. Add the vanilla extract and sugar and whip for another 30 seconds.
3. Place a few spoonful’s of macerated strawberries to 6 low glasses. Top the strawberries with pound cake, and layer with whipped cream. Repeat this process to create 6 even layers. Serve cold.