Summer Corn Salad
This salad brings together all of my favorite summer flavors. It reminds me of the corn my dad picks up from roadside stands, and the fresh basil and tomatoes we grow in our back yard. This salad comes together in 10 minutes or less, which makes it the perfect side dish for cook outs and summer dinners. I love the way the veggies and mozzarella come together in contrast, and this light basil dressing is so good you’ll want to put it on everything.
· 1-pint cherry tomatoes- quartered
· 3 large ears of corn
· ½ cup red onion- small diced
· 8 ounces ciliegine mozzarella- quartered
· 1 cup fresh basil
· Juice of half a lemon
· 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
· 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. While the water heats up shuck the corn, carefully removing any silk. Once the water boils add the corn to the pot and cook for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. While the corn cools combine the quartered cherry tomatoes, diced red onion and cheese in a medium sized serving bowl.
3. In a food processor or blender combine the fresh basil, lemon juice, olive oil and freshly ground pepper. Process until smooth.
4. When the corn has cooled cut it off the cob. Add the cut corn to the tomato mixture and mix to combine.
5. When ready to serve, dress with the basil dressing and toss until thoroughly coated. Serve cool or at room temperature.